Despite a year of unanticipated events, #TOMs100 was a virtual celebration of Tom of Finland tributes, exhibitions and events. As we always have, we continue to create public programming that protects, preserves, and promotes erotic art, broadening our global scope by becoming more online. This year already, we have:
- Exhibitions: Through 1st May 2021, David Kordansky Gallery in Los Angeles is holding an exhibition of Tom’s drawings. This exhibit shows the breadth of graphic production key to Tom’s creative output throughout his lifetime. From 30th April to 20th August 2021, the exhibit TOM OF FINLAND The Darkroom moves to Fotografiska New York.
- Archival Development: Thanks to generous donations, we purchased a collection management system and are continuing to catalogue our permanent collection. We would love to share some of that with you at home, and invite you to visit The World of TOM on Patreon to watch a public House Tour with Curator and Community Development Marc Ransdell-Bellenger.
- The World of TOM: We kicked off this year in the World of TOM with loads of new content, especially interviews. Available now, we have both archival interviews with Tom, as well as current interviews, including the start of a series of interviews with pornstars.
- Pride Month: For Pride 2021, rest assured that we have a dazzling online presentation planned. Stay tuned.
Want to connect with us and support our work? Here’s how:
- Renew Your Membership: Since our inception in 1984, we have been sustained by our members. More information on membership levels here.
- Build An Endowment: As we move into steadier times, we are thinking about how to sustain for another 100 years. We are currently building an endowment. To support, please contact Lillian Gael at email@example.com.
- Plan for Us: We are deeply grateful to our members who have considered us in their estate planning. To discuss leaving art, bequests or stock to the Foundation, please contact S.R. Sharp at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you are ready to be at TOM House again in the future. We are proud of how we have worked through this time, as a 501(c)(3) charity creating programming for the public.
Published: 6th April 2021Tags: Memberships